What is Office 365 for business?
Office 365 provides virtually anywhere access to familiar Office tools, plus enterprise-grade email, conferencing, and more IT services.
Explore what Office 365 can do for your organization
Add more power to the Office you rely on
Work from virtually anywhere using the Office applications you trust across your favorite devices—PCs, Macs, and select mobile devices.
Create a website that builds your brand
Market your business with a website that’s easy to set up and update—with no hosting fees.
Work better together with file sharing
Collaborate with teammates, partners, and customers with documents that are always up to date and accessible from almost anywhere.
Security and privacy
Your data is yours. Microsoft does not scan emails or documents for advertising purposes. It is a leader in industry privacy, transparency, security, and compliance.
Email and calendars on the go
Keep everyone in sync with enterprise-grade email and shared calendars they can access at their desk or on the go.
Extend your reach with Office Web Apps
Create, store, edit, and share Office docs online, so they’re available wherever you and your teammates are working.
Conferencing made easy
Connect immediately or set up and host online meetings with multi-party HD video conferencing, real-time note taking, and screen sharing.
Why choose Office 365
- Install and deploy quickly.
- Set up new user accounts in seconds.
- Get updates automatically. The Office tools you rely on are always up to date.
- Get virtually anwhere access on select mobile devices.
- Work on your Office files online or offline.
- All your files are automatically backed up.
- Stay safe with built-in anti-malware and anti-spam protection.
- Count on a financially-backed 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Focus your IT resources on other projects.
E-mail and Calendar
Keep everyone connected with business-class email and calendars they can access and share from virtually anywhere.
Office on your terms
Office is now a subscription service, providing you with even more ways to stay productive and connected no matter where you’re working. With Office as a subscription, you can rely on always having the latest versions of your trusted applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and more) and access to your documents where and when you need them.
Many Office 365 plans include the latest desktop version of Office in addition to web-based access to Office applications and many other cloud services. There are also Office 365 plans that work with earlier versions* of Office, so you can take advantage of rich Office 365 cloud services such as business-class email, HD video conferencing, and file sharing.
Always have the latest version
- Updates are automatic in Office as a service, so you can count on always having the latest versions of the tools you rely on, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access , and Lync for your PC.
- Office as a subscription installs quickly across all your devices , and you don’t need to uninstall your old version of Office.
- All your files are automatically saved online, even the ones on your PC, so it’s easy to access, edit, and share your latest version on the go.
The freedom of Office across your devices
- Install Office on up to 5 of your PCs, Macs, or tablets, and easily transfer the installation to new devices whenever you need to.
- Your Office applications are accessible from multiple devices, giving you the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere.
- When you’re away from your own PC, you can stream Office to any Internet-connected PC in seconds with Office on Demand.
Your personalized Office in the cloud
- Your applications, documents, and even your personalized settings roam with you. Just sign in to your account for instant access and get right to work.
- The fast and fluid interface puts your most important documents, applications, and people right up front.
- Capture your ideas however you work best—using touch, or a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
Help build your brand with an attractive website
- Use your own domain name for your site.
- Connect with customers, affiliates, and partners wherever they are.
- Add Share and Comment buttons to reach new customers on social networks.
- Update customers with an easy-to-use blog.
Build with easy-to-use online tools
- Easy to build. No special skills required.
- Easily insert photos and videos and edit your layout.
- Preview changes to decide what works best.
- Publish in seconds.
Save on website costs
- No website hosting fees.
- Do-it-yourself updates and publishing.
Office Web Apps
Access and share from anywhere with anyone
- View and edit Office documents on your devices, anywhere you go.
- Work with others across platforms, devices, and Office versions to write papers, prepare presentations, create spreadsheets, and take notes.
- Store documents on the web so you can share them with anyone who has a supported browser, even if they don’t have Office installed.
Use Office Web Apps as part of your Office 365 service for quick viewing of documents on SharePoint, easy document sharing and collaboration, and anywhere access to your documents from most devices.*
Keep everyone working together, wherever they happen to be. Collaborate on docs with teammates, share reports with business partners, and connect with customers.
Work together on docs from almost anywhere
- Everyone can access the latest master copy of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote files.
- Documents are always up to date.
Share securely with customers and partners
- Invite others to access files online.
- You control who gets to see what.
Keep teams in sync
- Access company bulletins, forms, and policies.
- Add and respond to comments and status updates so everyone’s in the know.
- Share ideas using blogs and wikis.
Store and organize important documents
- Create a central place to access documents and business information from virtually anywhere.
- Group your sites by function, project, or team.
- Store your personal documents in the cloud.
Use a team site to manage projects
- Create, edit, and review reports, proposals, calendars, and budgets with others in real time.
- Assign tasks across the team and see them on a timeline to help track progress of projects.
- Manage who has access to the team site.
Harness the power of social in your organization
- Get ongoing updates on specific documents, sites, and people delivered to your Newsfeed.
- Connect with others using social networking and info.
- Share insights with like-minded employees in your organization.
- Use your own site to manage your docs online. Share only what you choose.
Host effective online meetings with multi-party HD video conferencing, real-time note taking, and screen sharing.
Multi-party HD video conferencing
Save travel costs by conducting online meetings, including audio, HD video, and web conferencing.
- Include up to 250 participants inside and outside of your organization.
- Use PC-to-PC calling with audio and video to connect to other Lync users.
Host more effective online meetings
- Use one-click screen sharing and real-time note taking to make meetings more efficient.
- Invite others to lead and share.
- See the list of meeting participants and know who is speaking.
See who’s online
- Use the presence indicator to see who’s online and available to chat.
- Control your status so others know when and how to contact you.
- Connect immediately with your co-workers and with people in other organizations that use Lync, Windows Live, and Windows Live Messenger.
Connect from virtually anywhere
- Find and connect with friends and peers using a PC, smartphone, or the web.
- Set up meetings in advance or on the fly.
- Join meetings in one click from Outlook or the Lync mobile app for your smartphone.
Security and privacy
Office 365 customers trust Microsoft to protect their data. An industry leader in protecting the privacy and security of customer data, Microsoft has taken many steps to gain that trust. See more below.
Microsoft strives to be a leader in industry privacy, security, and compliance practices. By focusing on the following principles, Microsoft is consistently and proactively working toward earning your trust.
Your privacy matters
Your data belongs to you. Microsoft does not scan emails and documents to create advertisement product
Microsoft Office 365 is compliant with world-class industry standards, including ISO-27001, EU Model clauses, HIPAA-BAA, and FISMA, and it is verified by third-party auditors.
Leadership in transparency
Office 365 customers know where major Office 365 datacenters are located, who can access that data, and under what circumstances that data can be accessed.
Relentless on security
With over 15 years of online data security experience, Microsoft incorporates the tenants of security through the entire development lifecycle, and proactively monitors the Office 365 service for malicious behaviors